Thursday, October 16, 2008
Rambles in Norwich, October 17
How magical this city feels. Each morning we have such a great view out our windows. Steve and I have finally made good on our pledge to walk in the early morning before Sophia wakes up (my in-laws are here while we are gone), and so we have had several walks this week that have been spectacular. We call them 'rambles' -- walks with no particular destination in mind. We've followed tiny little alleyways, gone through rabbit holes in the shrubs, crossed under ancient archways and gone down paths that we'd not noticed or not taken before, and we've been rewarded with picturesque gardens, houses right out of the "Hobbit" and the feeling that we are in another world, another time. These walks are making me feel so good, so alive, so refreshed, so blessed. Time with Steve and views that anyone would enjoy seeing - who could ask for more at 7:00 a.m.?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hi Guys
This is Sid. How are you? I've just caught up with your travels. I really enjoyed your descriptions of life in England. Debby - if only your cooking chicken in the oven story were videotaped:) It was hilarious. Sophia looks adorable in the pictures. Its so neat that she is having such a great experience at such a young age. I'll have to tell Paula to have a look at the blog as well but as you know, she has her hands full at home with the boys.
We are doing great; Sthir is "getting too bigger" as he likes to say and Pranab is just really really cute and fun. We miss you a lot. Please let me know if Steve or you now have email access.
Love, hugs and kisses to all
Sid
Debby and family--
I'm just catching up on your blog now and having so much fun doing so. So glad to hear that you guys are doing well and having fun! I envy those morning walks (I picture you and Steve amongst the Dales in Wellies), and wish I'd known you were going to the Delaware shore! That's one of my summer haunts (we have family there) and I would have loved to give you some of my recommendations. If you go again, I'll be happy to. I can't get over what a big girl Sophia is now! She's lovely, as ever. I hope Englad continues to be fabulous, and look forward to reading more about it in the coming months.
love,
Adriana
Post a Comment