Cheers to all of our wonderful (and oh so patient) friends and family!! Here is my first official post from across the ocean! We arrived in England on September 9th at 4:00 a.m., US time, and 9:00 a.m. England time. It took us about 3 days to be fully adjusted - we were delighted that Sophia seemed to make a pretty smooth transition, with just a few tough times. She really has handled all of the travel and the oh so many changes like a champ.
We traveled for the better part of our first 2 weeks here, so we had no real access to the internet during that time. We're now settled in to Norwich and are once again 'connected' via the internet. Our schedule is also now pretty much set enough so that I should be able to find time for updating my blog regularly. We've done so much, had so many amazing experiences, met some terrific people, and for all of you who know us well, eaten many, many great meals. With Steve's help, I hope to write about as much as I can remember, while also telling you about our everyday life here in this amazing city.
Norwich is a city of about 100,000 (we've learned a very important distinction here in England - no matter how large you are, you cannot be called a 'city' unless you have a cathedral) and it has an absolutely awe-inspiring cathedral and close (the 'close' refers to all of the grounds, gardens, and buildings within the walls of the area associated with the cathedral). I will have much to tell you in describing the cathedral.
It is saturday night here, about 11:00 p.m. and we live about a city block away from an area with some very populars pubs - I can hear loud singing outside as some revelers walk past our house :).
We are all doing well, except that Sophia has gotten a cold which I anticipate will be passed around the family soon. she's such a trooper, though, she doesn't let it slow her down. She is really talking so much now, and so she will say to me "mommy, I coughing, but I fine".
Love to you all and I will write lots and lots more in the coming weeks.
Saturday, September 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hi Debbie, Steve and Sophia! I have you bookmarked so I can keep up with you all! Please introduce yourself to a friend of Dave and I's. Graham Loomes. He is at East Anglia and hosted me when I gave a talk there in Dec 05. He came to Tucson the following Spring and stayed with Dave and I. Delightful company.
Hello Scalets,
I'm so excited for you (and to read your blog entries)! Can't wait to hear more.
love,
Adriana
Hi Debby, Steve, and Sophia. Glad you made it safely and that you are getting settled in to your new place. Doesn't look like I'll be traveling across the ocean. :o( The airfare was very reasonable, however, the fees and taxes were outrageous. Enjoy your stay!!
Post a Comment